|Switzerland National Council|
|Rafale Assembly line, Merignac France ©Dassault Aviation|
The evalution was including some 30 flights per aircraft during which swiss test pilots were able to assess Air2Air, Air2Ground and recce capabilities of the 3 contenders. Compliance to the Swiss Air Force facilities and maintainability of each jet were also evaluated.
Though, the Eurofighter consortium is said to be leading on the offsets ground with about €6.6 billions while the Rafale International proposition would be around €5 billions.
The rafale offsets offer would include :
- A Rafale final assembly line and maintenance center
- The production of structural items
- The Mica missile production
- The development of the Rafale HMD, the OSF-NG and Spectra self defense system
- Several othe military or civilian industrial cooperations (CFM-56 engine, Falcon business jets, military and civilian avionics)
According to 24Heures, the Rafale main avantages were its excellent results during the evaluation (It fullfilled 95% of the Swiss technical requirements) ad its price would match the Swiss budget. Conversely, the Eurofighter would be too expensive both to buy and maintain.