|Rafale F3 weaponry - © P. Wodka-Gallien - May 2011|
First, the Rafale F3-O4T (former Rafale roadmap) : 60 fighters ordered (25C, 25B, 10M) deliveries from 2013 to 2019
- RBE-2 AESA : Final evaluation in June-July with a qualification expected before the end of 2011
- DDM-NG : new missile warning receiver compatible with a future active IR jammer.
- OSF-IT : improved front sector optronic suite
- Damocles-XF : add a sharper TV channel to the current IR channel for better identification in urban zones. Should be introduced in 2016.
- M88-2-E4 engine : extended service life and 2 to 4% less consumption
- Export option : 9 tonnes M88 engine. Require a 1.5 cm air intake enlargement and material change to keep low RCS. Proposed to the UAE.
2025 MLU :
- RCS improvements
- Conformal AESA : increase the radar coverage and seen as a better solution than a single moving antenna
- Thrust Vector Control for the M88 engine
- Sat Com system
- UCAV control system
Rafale upgrade ready in 2012, Defense Aerospace
Plans for further Rafale upgrades emerge, Aviation Week