|For sure, Rafale is a better Navy fighter than the Typhoon|
Well, is it ?
Aquisition price and maintenance costs : Apparently the Rafale is better as the Indian Ministry of defence has just concluded that the French jet is
Air to Air efficiency : Despite all the urban legends spread by the British lobbies, the Rafale does prevail in the Air to air role. Notably, the Rafale was rated clearly higher (in both defensive and offensive A2A missions) than the Eurofighter by Switzerland after 2 very serious evaluations by the Swiss Air Force whose primary requirerment was for an Air Defense fighter.
Air to Ground efficiency : No contest here, the Rafale's statistics in Libya speaks for themselves. The British Eurofighter, with their limited Air to ground capabilities, barely did half of the sorties and 1/5 of the tasks accomplished by the Rafale during the conflict (see below).
Compliance with Indian long term strategic framework: Again the Typhoon is lagging severely in this area.
- The Rafale is carrier capable, the Eurofighter is not
- The Rafale platform is optimized for nuclear strikes, not the Eurofighter
- The Rafale will share many weapons with the upgraded IAF Mirage 2000, that's not the case of the Eurofighter
- The Rafale has no string with US missiles used by Pakistani F-16, the Eurofighter currently uses the same american BVR missile as the PAF...
- Rafale is more effecient
- Rafale is more versatile
- Rafale is more mature
- Rafale is more independant
- Rafale is cheaper